Friday, August 20, 2010

LeTtEr To BaBy



Dear little love bird,

In less than 8 days or so we should be meeting you. It sounds so far away, but also really close at the same time. If you choose to come a little earlier, we wouldn't mind one bit.

We cannot wait to meet you...We think about it every.single.day.

We can't wait to see what you look like, or who you look like.

Will you have dark hair? Light hair?...No hair at all? (which would be weird since your dad and I clearly have lots of hair)

I think about the day you come into this world all the time (the joy and the pain of course but mostly the way you will change me forever <3). I'm not 'scared' of delivering you...I'm excited. It's like opening the best gift ever...one I've been waiting for all my life.

I can't wait to hear your cry that first time proclaiming to the world that you've arrived. My heart leaps at the very thought.

I can't wait to hold your squishy little body in my arms (slime and all, lol), and know that you're all mine and daddy's too! 

Little bird, I can't wait to cuddle with you and kiss your little cheeks and ooh and ahh over every silly face you make in your sleep (please be a great sleeper so mommy can sleep, too).


I truly can't wait to be your mommy.



You are the FIRST little baby that will make me a mother. A "Mama". I'll try my best, and do everything I can to be the best mom I can be.

I cannot wait to watch your Daddy melt into a pile of love-mush when he holds you for the first time. It makes me super happy just thinking about it. He's going to the best dad, and I hope you always see that and feel his love and protection.



Hope you feel loved because you truly are!


Until I get to meet you in the flesh, little lady....I am cherishing every kick in the ribs and ninja move you make :)

1 comment: