Thursday, December 9, 2010

TiS tHe SeAsOn to GiVe: Cookies for Haiti

It's the holiday season and everyone knows that means it's really the season to GIVE. So, my dear friend, Val, is giving her time to bake home-made chocolate chip cookies to raise funds for a cause she believes in called I Run For His Glory


I Run For His Glory is a running team put together by Alan and Jackie. Alan and Jackie are full-time missionaries living in the Dominican Republic.  Alan is a part of the Sports Ministry Team that teaches kids how to be a part of a team & trains adult men to be Christian leaders in their communities. Jackie is the Director of the Short-term teams overseeing nearly 50 teams a year that come to the Dominican Republic and Haiti to serve. 


Val is selling her cookies via her blog: Homemade Jack.


Picture of Val's cookies she baked last winter and I won't be missing out this season!


Cookies for Haiti cost $20 per order (One batch is at least 50 cookies) and 50% of every order is going to I Run For His Glory - which all ends up in Haiti for the work Alan and Jackie Perez are doing there. Please place an order to aid in their efforts...doesn't it sound good to help others while sitting on your couch eating some home-made cookies???


It did to me...I just placed my order!! Can't wait to get my yummy cookies!


If you do not want to order cookies, but would like to make a donation you can do that on the running team blog... safely through Paypal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment