Friday, July 9, 2010

FoUrTh oF jUiY: rEcAp


This past weekend was the famous 4th of July weekend that many people across the country look forward to for some reason whether its for BBQs, family gatherings, or fireworks. For hubby and I, we were looking forward to this weekend for many reasons. First, it was his bi-annual family reunion in Pittsburgh. Second, we got great seats for the Phillies game. Third, hubby was looking forward to star-gazing since the house we rented didn't have loads of light pollution and lastly we were going to be relaxing (which we always love). 


Friday:
My MIL and I drove down to our rental (located in Seven Springs Resort, one hour away for Pittsburgh) house early morning. We stopped for lunch at this awesome place (can't remember the name of it but it was a country club) in Bedford, PA. The lunch was yummy, too. After we arrived at our rental, we were able to relax a little until we had to meet the gang (hubby's side of the family) for dinner at another cool place near Uniontown, PA. Hubby didn't make it to dinner since he had to work that day and wouldn't arrive to the house till about 10pm. The gang met, socialized, ate dinner, and we all were excited for the events planned for the weekend.


Saturday:
The gang met for lunch at an Italian restaurant in Pittsburgh, which if you haven't guessed already was so yummy! I love to eat :) Afterwards, we went on the local "Duck" tour around the city of Pittsburgh (which to be honest, I found boring and just for the record, I don't like to be told when I should "quack", lol). After the duck tour some of us went on the "Incline" while others just hung around town until it was time to catch the ferry to the PNC BANK ball park to watch the Phillies kill the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Phillies game was such a great game and the Phillies won, of course. 


We had club seats and I discovered a Pittsburgh novelty called "Funnel Fries" which can be described as funnel cake in the form of fries, very easy to consume :) After the game, the ballpark had the best fireworks display ever, hubby got some pictures of it. At the end of the night, I was sooooo exhausted and we still had a long car ride back to the house, which I did not enjoy. 



Sunday
The gang went rafting and the hubby and I relaxed at the house since preggo people are not allowed to put their soon to be children in danger. It was a very hot day so I'm glad I was able to sleep in and relax. Later the gang returned to the house and we had a family BBQ/potluck dinner. There was sooo much food and you guessed it, it was all so yummy! After everyone caught up on life stories and ate dinner, we all lined up for our family reunion photo. Check us all out!


Overall, the family reunion had a great turn-out and everyone had a great time. It was my first time being in that part of PA and I enjoyed the experience but could live without all the winding roads that cause me to be a sick passenger :(


Happy 4th everyone!!



How was your fourth of July weekend?

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job summing up our trip, and I have to agree - the duck thing was rather annoying!! So glad you had a great time. Thanks for blogging about it!! Xoxox your MIL

    ReplyDelete