Thursday, October 28, 2010

TwO mOnTh WeLL ViSiT

Little bird had her two month "well" visit today. She was not a happy camper after this particular visit at the pediatrician's office. First, she was sleeping when we got there, so she wasn't happy when I had to strip her from her comfy clothes to get weighed and measured.

Head circumference= 16 inches (89th percentile)
Weight= 11.14 lbs. (63rd percentile)
Length= N/A (couldn't get an accurate measurement since she is in her pavlik harness)

The doctor spent a lot of time talking to me about how things were going and the vaccination schedule (which I was trying to express my concern and my decision to delay); however, my undressed daughter started getting fussy and began to cry and cry. Nothing seemed to soothe her and now she needed to get her vaccines. She ended up getting three shots. The first one went in her right thigh and she cried for two seconds. "Wow, she did great!" I thought. Well, we weren't finished. The next two went in her left thigh, back to back. Oh boy, she was super upset after the whole ordeal.

The "Well" visit didn't go as I would have liked it. I only wanted little bird to receive two shots but she ended up getting three. The doctor wanted to give her five, so I guess we compromised but at the end of the day I felt defeated because it's my child and my choice and the doctor should respect or at least follow the schedule I feel comfortable with. Am I wrong for thinking this way?

Little bird is sleeping right now but she is miserable when she is awake. I think the areas on her upper thighs where she got her shots is sore. It doesn't help that her harness cause her thighs to rub on her little tummy every time she moves her legs so she is reminded of the pain. poor little bird :(

P.S. Little bird has a big head like her father!

No comments:

Post a Comment